Back to School Cakes

Every year I make the kids a special school themed treat on the first day of school.  It’s a fun way to celebrate the milestone of another year and another grade.  I thought it would be fun to take a look back {but excuse the very amateur cake decorating}.

back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes
back to school cakes

How do you celebrate a new school year?

Comments

1. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says

Oh my gosh – I love seeing all of your cakes. What a great mom you are!!

I featured your post on my TT&J facebook page :)

xoxo
    Jen

2. says

such a fun tradition!! you are such a sweet mom to do this every year for your children. I’m sure your children are excited to see what you will bake up next.

3. says

A super ‘sweet’ tradition! I bet your kids get so excited to head back to school looking forward to the cake you have made them! I’m sure they’ll want to continue your tradition with their own kids. Love it!
    –Michelle Paige

4. Maureen says

Those are amazing! I am inspired… this will be my first year with a kindergartner, so I have to start thinking and quick.

5. says

What a fun tradition! I’ve tried to do that a couple of years. In fact, I made the 2001 bus cake and the bus cupcakes a couple of times. I’m really liking the printables stuck in cupcakes idea for this year-so easy. Thanks for the inspiration!

6. says

I always loved this idea but in our house it would be torture for the kids. John can’t stand deserts (for the kids anyway) so they would get a piece and the rest would go in the freezer and eventually be thrown out. I’ve given him the nickname “Food Nazi”. lol!

I was away on holidays when your school started. I hope everyone has a great year!

7. says

What a great tradition! As homeschoolers we don’t particularly “celebrate” but we do take days off during the year that the other schools don’t so we celebrate then! Visiting from the CSI Project.

8. says

The 2008 chalkboards are my fave-cuz they look cute, simple & quick to make! (also cuz sometimes I am too lazy-LOL)

9. Anonymous says